Saturday, December 11, 2010

Busy Bee

Today was a super productive day. I started ironing, pinning, and sewing the flag bags before I checked my Facebook, made coffee and peanut butter toast OR went pee. That. Never. Happens. But it paid off because I'm almost done with all of the bags. I just have to sew up the sides of the outside, attach the handles and the lining, and do a final press. And bam! I'll be done. I can't wait! I pressed, pinned and sewed non-stop from 9 this morning until 5 this evening. I felt like I was going to go crazy because I was so dead set on finishing today, but I got as far as I could before having to leave to watch Jack jack and Titus. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a callous on my right index finger from using my fabric shears so much. Did you even know that was possible? Because I didn't.
Tomorrow's objectives are

  • make and bake another batch of opaque swan gauges (with a few pair of swirly purple ones for Alli)
  • Finish construction of Flag Bags and post on Etsy (for $30 each)
  • Work on Up-cycled Teesh Rasta scarves (currently in the process of making two)
I never realized precisely how time-consuming it is to make all of these things by hand and with care. I am a very detail-oriented person, and I hate to do sloppy work. I detest sloppiness so much that I would rather give up on a project than complete it and it turn out looking carelessly incomplete. I have always loved painting, crocheting, sculpting, drawing, writing and sewing, but it never dawned on me how quickly they eat up time because I've always done them in my free time. So, now that I am trying to be productive and intentional with each day, it's a bit difficult to not feel like I'm not meeting my own personal expectations. This is a process though, and I have to keep reminding myself that real, lovingly completed art is not completed instantaneously. And I know people appreciate that, which is why I already have so many supporters wanting to purchase my bags, scarves and gauges.
If you are reading this, I cannot fully express my gratitude for you reading all the way to the bottom of this blog. I'm writing this at an indecent hour, and the fact that you've trudged through this writing with me means so much. Thanks for caring. :)


Con Mucho Amor,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment